November 14, 2007

Babies, Dancing, and Roses

On Saturday I finally had a social outing! Since we had Monday off for Veteran's Day, I was able to get out from under the books a bit! My friend Heather was having a baby shower for her 2nd son, baby number four. Whoever made the lunch was definitely a chef. Showers are always fun to get together and celebrate a new baby coming soon!

I enjoyed hearing birth stories and like to compare notes now to see who I'd maybe want for a midwife and whether to 'go natural' or epidural.

This is usually how we look. Here's Ryan studying at home, and then the next pic he's studying at a local coffee shop. I'm there studying right along with him. At least we are at the same place in life. We decided that if I thought I might want to get another degree, now was the time. It's working out well to be doing the same thing together.


These were a nice surprise from my husband. : D He knows that I love two-toned roses. These were beautiful because of their speckles and that the colored part was on the inside of the rose.


Last Saturday night we tried Argentine Tango for the first time. I enjoyed it more than Ryan, but he still had a good time. I pick up dancing quicker as I've danced a lot of my life. Ryan danced a few rounds and then took a break while I danced with the mostly gray-haired population there. I hope we'll go again sometime, but I still like swing dancing more (which I haven't done in a long time).

No comments: