Countries represented are: U.S. (that'd be the teachers), Mexico, Japan, Bolivia, and China. There is a Ukrainian student also (not pictured). It's fun to have a class of all women and to learn about each other's countries. Notice that I (at 5'2") am slouching so as not to look too tall!! That never happens for me. I was wearing about 2" heeled boots, but so were others. It's nice having students from "shorter stature" countries so I don't always feel like a dwarf in a group!
From Saturday until Tuesday I have/had four different parties. On Saturday night, we went to the house of the couple that's leading the marriage Sunday School that we attend. We brought along the two guys from Hong Kong that Ryan is conversation partners with. They really enjoyed it, and so did we.
On Sunday was the Ladies Christmas party at our church. My mom came and also two of my students. Here is a picture of my mom and me. Some of the pictures didn't come out well. The flash made the background too dark, but it also wasn't very good without it. : /
These are two of my students. One if from Mexico and the other is from Thailand. I don't think I need to identify which one is which. : ) We made snowman ornaments.
To save on the cost of tickets, ladies volunteered to decorate tables. Here is mine. They had told me that all cups, plates, and plastic ware would be provided, so that's why you don't see that. It's nothing fancy, but at least I got to use the chargers that we got for a wedding present!
No comments:
Post a Comment