Last weekend we (Ryan, Jeremy--Hong Kong friend, Joel--Navy friend of Ryan, and I) went fishing off of Anacortes. The whole time Ryan was standing on the edge of the boat as he fished. I kept worrying that he was going to fall in! I guess it made him feel more connected to nature knowing that he was closer to it that way!

You have to be careful how you handle these guys!! Look at the spikes on the Rockfish on the left and the teeth of the Ling Cod on the right!

There were many bald eagles, so I was able to get some more shots of them. That was really my job out there....I was the photographer. I didn't fish. I don't like killing or hurting anything besides bugs. I brought my homework to do some reading, but I didn't get a lot done because they kept catching fish and distracting me!

The different kinds of fish caught that day.

This was Jeremy's first fish that he'd ever caught. He caught the first fish of the day. Joel, I think, caught the largest one. I enjoyed watching the seals, but I was really hoping to see some whales!! No such luck that day. I'm still determined to see some this summer though!



Ryan threw back one of his Rockfish, but it was nearly dead and was floating. This eagle kept circling us. We realized that he wanted that fish! Finally, he swooped down and got him with his left foot!! Check out the video of the action.
I'd never noticed this before. It was tucked down off of the road. I thought the old ship filled with trees was a pretty, nostalgic reminder of older days amongst the new boats in the harbor.

No comments:
Post a Comment